Happy Tree Friends: Yokai Adventures is a HTF based video game released on March 12 of 5980. The game was released for the Furstation Portable, Furstation Vita, Furstation 3 and Furstation 4.
On June 7th the game was ported to the Nintenfur 3DS and and Microfur PC.
The game features a more moody and colofrul ambient and locations than Happy Tree Friends: Escape the Tower of Darkness´s dark and gothic nature and gameplay. Yokai Adventures can be played from ages 10 and up.
Our heroes are on their way to school, when, of all sudden, a mysterious portal opens at the school´s rooftop. As the portal rippens, mysterious spirit like creatures start to pour out. Whwn our furry heroes reach the rooftop to investigate, a robed figure halts our heroes and throws them into the portal.
When our heroes wake up, they found themselves in an ancient feudal japan. now our heroes must travel through different locations and lands to search for answers of what that portal was, who was that robed figure and how they can return back to their original time.
The adventure has just begun...
The game´s main theme is the Japanese ambient, in which our heroes must face up against the creatures known as Yōkai.
Yōkai are a class of supernatural monsters, spirits and demons in Japanese folklore. The word yōkai is made up of the kanji for "bewitching; attractive; calamity;" and "spectre; apparition; mystery; suspicious".
They can also be called ayakashi (妖?), mononoke (物の怪?), or mamono (魔物?). Yōkai range eclectically from the malevolent to the mischievous, or occasionally bring good fortune to those who encounter them.
Here are some of the Yōkai found in the game:
Playable Characters (Yōkai)
Not every Yōkai in the game is an enemy. Some Yōkai may be recruited or summoned by the main party as support units. Most support Yōkai are mages and medics, very few are fighters.
- Gameplay inspired by the iconic Furzardry series, a spinoff of the Wizardry series
- The game takes place in both the actual and the ancient feudal Japan
- Over 100 hours of amazing dungeon-crawling experience
- Easier and more balanced difficulty than Happy Tree Friends: Escape the Tower of Darkness, but still our heroes will die a lot !
- Over 100 monsters based on the Japanese Mythology creatures named Yōkai, which includes: Nues (japanese manticores), Nekomatas, Kitsunes, Oni demons, Inugamis (dog spirits), etc.
- The main party may consist of both canon and fanon characters